Sunday, December 18, 2011 at The Doubletree Park Place Hotel
1500 Park Place Boulevard, St. Louis Park
(Highway I-394 and Park Place exit just west of Hwy 100)
Featuring The Freethought Follies: A Theatrical and Musical Celebration of Rational Thinking
Written and Produced by Area Humanists, Atheists and other Freethinkers
Music by the Freethought Band
Social Hour 5:00 P.M. (cash bar) ~ Dinner: 6:00 P.M. ~ Entertainment: 7:00 P.M..
Prices: Banquet Dinner & Entertainment: $45 per person
Entertainment only: $10 per person
Registration Deadline: December 14, 2011
Contact Brad Bolin with questions at 952-201-0590 or email@example.com
Please Bring Gifts for The Bridge for Youth
(See below for gift suggestions)
Use this online form to register on-line!
THE BRIDGE for YOUTH “WISH LIST”
The Bridge for Youth (“The Bridge”) is the premier resource for youth and families in crisis. The Bridge ensures a continuum of care to provide shelter and support, to reunite families whenever possible, and when it is not, to build independent living skills in young people. The Bridge is a community leader in the development of approaches for youth and their families to resolve problems and develop healthier relationships.
Each year, The Bridge touches the lives of a thousand of our community’s most vulnerable youth, from the ages 10 to 21. They come to the Bridge with complex and often heart-breaking life stories. The Bridge is proud that the counseling and support offered allows 70 percent of our youth to be successfully reunited with their families. The Bridge can offer these services with no fees or red tape due to the generosity of donors.
The Bridge is a private, nonprofit 501c(3) organization. Following are common items that are needed for the shelter:
- Bath towels and wash cloths
- Sheets and pillow cases (twin size)
- Personal care items (shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, combs, brushes, sanitary items)-no aerosols, please
- African-American hair care products
- Paper goods (paper towels, tissues, toilet paper)
- T-shirts, socks, underwear, bras
- Sweatshirts, sweatpants
- Winter hats and gloves (seasonal)
- Decks of cards, board games, art supplies
- Back packs, duffel bags
- Clock radios or alarm clocks
- Curling irons, blow driers
- Bus tokens, stored value bus fare cards
- Prepaid phone calling cards, postage stamps
- Gift certificates: (Target, Cub, Rainbow, Payless Shoes, haircuts, etc.)
- For our street outreach team: bags of candy, first aid kits, personal care supplies, gift certificates
- For our teen parents: diapers, baby wipes, blankets, children’s toys, etc.
Donated clothing should be limited to new t-shirts, socks, underwear, sweatshirts and sweat pants.
The Bridge for Runaway Youth, Inc.
2200 Emerson Avenue South, Minneapolis MN 55405